We launched the new learning resources (NLR) initiative to explore the intersection of education and educational resources, particularly open content, e-books and gaming. We are asking these strategic questions:
- Why do NLR matter to liberal education? What is the likely future of NLR in liberal education?
- What is the status of NLR in liberal education? What are the obstacles to implementation? What are the impacts?
- How can liberal education strategically take advantage of NLRs? What strategies can we recommend to liberal arts colleges in planning for NLR and integrating them into teaching and learning?
- How can colleges learn about them, assess them, and evaluate their use? How should new learning resources be supported? Where does it make sense to collaborate?
- What are the most productive and appropriate ways for liberal education/small colleges to engage with these new learning resources?
- What does it take to produce NLR content (ebooks, gaming, OER)? What tools are available? How can a community of contributors be engaged? When is it appropriate for a campus to be both producer and consumer?